ARTS IN ACTION GRANTS
USC faculty and students working with community partners are invited to submit project proposals to the Arts in Action grants program annually. Through these grants, Arts in Action activates community-based projects that address social issues, bring people together, facilitate dialogue, and create spaces to imagine and design future change.
Request for Proposals
The deadline for 2020 proposals has now passed. Check back in fall 2020 for details on how to submit a proposal for 2021.
- Faculty and current students from across USC are invited to apply. Proposals that include at least one faculty member from one of USC’s six arts schools are strongly encouraged, and will be prioritized.
- Teams composed of faculty or students from multiple USC schools are strongly encouraged.
- Projects that centrally involve students of any level are strongly encouraged. Students submitting a proposal must identify at least one faculty member as a key member of the project team.
- Project outputs should include at least one free public sharing event, whether a convening, workshop, performance, or service activity. Multiple public outputs that span the lifetime of the project are strongly encouraged.
- Projects should include at least one community partnership. Work that takes place off campus and in community settings is strongly encouraged.
- Understanding of the issue: Does the project demonstrate knowledge and commitment to an intractable social issue or problem?
- Partnership: Has or will the project be developed with adequate participation from community partners, and does it fully address their needs?
- Project feasibility: Can the project’s team and method realistically meet the project’s objectives?
- Impact: How will the project contribute to positive and ongoing social change? Will the project contribute to students’ development as socially engaged artists?
- Outputs and visibility: Will the project be visible to the wider public?